Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stinky Mom

I'm a stinky mom. Literally.

Madeline: Why can't you stay with me for quiet time?

Me: Because I didn't take a shower this morning.

Madeline: You don't need a shower.

Me: Yes, I do.

Madeline: Why?

Me: Because I'm stinky. (Of course, I'm only jesting with her. I don't really stink.)

Madeline: No, you're not.

Me: Yeah, I am.

Madeline, as she sniffs my face: Ugh. You are stinky.

Me, slightly taken aback: Does my breath smell? (Maybe the morning coffee breath is lingering...)

Madeline: No, it's your skin. It stinks.

I took a whiff of the skin on my arm and it smelled faintly like fruity lotion, but I can't smell my own face. (I tried.) I can only hope she was just trying to get rid of me. Now for that shower I apparently really need...

1 comment:

Crazy Married Folks said...

Kim,
I am enjoying reading your blog. read mine and feel free to comment. I have stalkers but no one comments alot.
The girls are beautiful! growing up so fast!