1. Pray more.
2. When Madeline says, “Play with me,” stop what I’m doing, providing it doesn't involve my boob (nursing Rae), a stinky diaper or an on-the-verge-of-burning meal and play with her, even if it means making her Little Mermaid figurines talk about life under the sea for the umpteenth time.
3. Soak up Rae’s “golden age of infancy” (from about six to nine months). Be available for lots of her wet, open-mouthed kisses.
4. Sleep more (not really a resolution, more like wishful thinking).
5. Worry less.
6. Blog for the fun of it, but don’t let it become another chore to add to my to-do list.
7. Aim for good health rather than trying to wear a certain size or to lose those last few stubborn pounds.
8. Make regular date nights with Dave a priority.
9. Compliment Dave every day.
10. Ditch the perfectionism.
11. Keep track of all of the books I read during the year.
12. Kiss, hug, tickle and hold the hands of my kiddos more.