Wednesday, February 20, 2008

No-Hassle, Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken

A friend of mine passed along this quick and easy crock pot recipe a month or so ago. I finally got around to trying it and it was delicious. The chicken was tender and flavorful and was definitely a crowd pleaser. My preschooler gobbled it up and my husband, who normally isn’t a huge fan of crock pot meals, gave it two-thumbs up. Best of all, it was a no-brainer recipe that didn't require me slaving away in the kitchen at the witching hour when the baby is always starving to nurse and Madeline is starving for Mommy's attention. Instead, the chicken was forgotten and left simmering in a slow cooker, filling the kitchen with a savory aroma. When dinnertime arrived, all I had to do was plop it on a plate with some penne pasta and green beans. Delicious!

Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken

1 T. olive oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt (I used Season All)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp pepper
4(6 oz) chicken breasts
1/2 cup chicken broth

In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in 5-quart slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat thermometer reads 170ยบ.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

My slow cooker is deformed and only cooks on "HIGH" temp even if you push the 8 or 10 hour button! I keep drying out my chicken badly. I've finally realized that I can cook chicken in it and be done in 3 hours.