Thursday, September 20, 2007

Uh....What?

Sometimes Madeline seems wise beyond her years like when she recently saw pictures of starving people in a Food for the Poor brochure and asked me what was wrong with them.

"Well, some people don't have nearly as much as we do. That's why we need to try to share our blessing with others. Daddy and I sometimes give money to these people to help them be able to eat," I tried to explain.

"Want to help them, too, Mommy," she said. "Want to give them money."

"Oh, Honey. That's so sweet of you. You don't have any money right now, but soon you'll get an allowance and then it would be wonderful if you would give money to help these people."

"When Maddy has money, I want to help these people," she said.

Then there are times when I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about like today when we were in the car stuck in traffic. (What’s new? We live in Atlanta, after all.) Out of the blue, she told me she didn't want to be free because of the air.

"What do you mean, Madeline?" I asked.

"The air," she explained as if I was being completely dense.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Never mind."

Alrighty then. If any of you moms out there can interpret this nonsense, please drop me a line.

No comments: