Monday, August 6, 2007

Decisions, Decisions



Hmmmm... Do I want something simple but classic like a decadent chocolate truffle or am I in the mood for something a bit more exotic like creamy Devil's Food Cake pudding?




I've never had a peanut butter cup before and Daddy speaks very highly of them. A Reese's PB cup it is!



This looks absolutely delicious!



Let me take this wrapper off. Oh, I can't wait to sink my teeth into this tasty treat. I will eat asparagus every night for the rest of my life if it means I can top off dinner with something as amazing as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! Thank you, Mommy!



Yummy!

The other night Madeline ate a great dinner, including lots of veggies, so I surprised her and said she could have a special treat. I let her choose between a Reese's Cup, some pudding, a dark chocolate egg (yes, we still have some Easter candy around the house) and a chocolate truffle. It's not that I am junk food fascist, although my dad would disagree (this is the same man who offered Madeline a Frito before I'd even started her on solids), but I do try to stress healthy eating and prefer to live by the mantra "everything in moderation" rather than offering Madeline sweets every night as a bribe for putting away healthy eats. So this offering was an unexpected surprise for her.

As you can see from this sequence of photos, she was quite excited about her special treat and took the decision of what sweet to savor very, very seriously. After much deliberation, Madeline eventually settled on the Reese's PB cup and seemed quite happy with her selection.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

I forgot to tell you how much I loved seeing Madeline on page 42 of Family Fun magazine! I was so surprised!